Friday, January 27, 2017

283 Week 4



This week we have been putting together a one page business plan.  This was my favorite assignment this week because I focused on my "big idea" that I have been talking about for some time but actually sat down and wrote a business plan for.  It got me really thinking and even excited to pursue further.  This was part of my 100-dollar challenge.

$100 Entrepreneurial Challenge Update:
I began discussing what I will be doing to complete my challenge with some family and friends who have offered to help me complete my project.  I also took great care in documenting the cost of exactly what I will need to make my breakfast burritos and will compare them to the cost at another location to see if I can initially buy a little cheaper and make my 20 dollars go a little further. I also wrote my business plan which helped me to consider my strategy and how I will successfully execute my plan.

Acton Hero Summary: Paul Robshaw
Paul Robshaw started working in real estate at 13 while working with his father.  It was the lessons beyond real estate that his father taught him that helped him thrive and that made the difference and helped him to rebuild after a time of failure.  His father instilled in him a drive to work and he accepted early that hard work was the only way to success.  He experienced bankruptcy and divorce on the same day. This hard time helped to give him perspective that his core values were far more important than any financial success or material wealth.

The lessons learned during one of the darkest times of his life led him to begin writing and were the motivating factor behind his ultimate success.  He began to write a book and a life plan that he revises monthly. He eventually established AIC ventures, a leader in “helping mid-sized firms unlock the value in their real estate.” Mr. Robshaw is an example of how hard work coupled with determined focus on values and principles as opposed to money and wealth, will get you far in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment