Tuesday, February 14, 2017

283 Week 7



$100 Entrepreneurial Challenge Update:
This week I have been considering the best methods of accomplishing my goal.  I have been talking with my friends and neighbors and trying to gauge where my target market is going to be for certain.  To do this, I am collecting pre-order requests so that I can determine the best delivery method.  For example, I am getting a large number of teachers at the high school that are interested.  I am discussing with my family (who is going to help me) if it would be wise to give them a delivery date and then just show up with a large supply and sell them on the spot, or if it makes more sense to take an exact order and money and then deliver.  Some of these details are a little harder to figure out than others because the decision will affect the product (will I have them hot and ready to eat, or will I deliver them cold and the buyer has to heat them up in an oven or microwave…etc…). 

Acton Hero Summary: Bud Brigham
Mr. Brigham, having come from a broken home, looked for mentors around him and sought to learn all he could because he “always knew [he’d] be an entrepreneur.”  Though his father was an alcoholic and died when he was just 19 years old, he determined to search for his own purpose.  Meeting his wife was also a catalyst for him finding meaning and purpose in life.  

He found philosophy regarding Objectivism, which had to do with rationalism, and reason, and living.  During his studies, he determined to be the best he could be, which he came to understand was a virtuous pursuit.  He learned that his biggest challenge would be himself.  So, he set out to overcome.  He believes that everyone should learn to tap into a higher power, of whatever philosophy you can feel passionate about.

Then, he says, you’ve got to surround yourself with others who, at their core, share the same philosophies and who can help you become the best that you can be.   For Mr. Brigham, this is his reason for being, to achieve his purpose in life, “which is to be the best that I can be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment