Friday, December 9, 2016

Attitude of Gratitude and other helpful hints



This week, the instructions are to respond to the talk, Entrepreneurship and Consecration by Elder Gay.  But that was from last week, and I posted about that in last week’s post.  This week I would like to focus on the talk by President Monson, An Attitude of Gratitude, as well as the video by Ted Zollar on the paths of Entrepreneurship.  I’ll begin with the latter.

Mr. Zollar made a comment that stood out to me, and was something that was a bit of an answer to a prayer.  In essence, I got from that video that I can find happiness and success by starting with another organization before I break off and try to do my own business.  I have been thinking about doing this, but he shows briefly why this is a pathway to success.

In Pres. Monson’s talk, he tells us areas we need to focus on to be and show gratitude for.  They are as follows:

1.      To/for our mothers

2.      To/for our Fathers

3.      To/for our teachers

4.      To/for our friends

5.      To/for our country

6.      To/for our Lord and Savior


He says, “Like the leprosy of yesteryear are the plagues of today. They linger; they debilitate; they destroy. They are to be found everywhere. Their pervasiveness knows no boundaries. We know them as selfishness, greed, indulgence, cruelty, and crime, to identify but a few. Surfeited with their poison, we tend to criticize, to complain, to blame, and, slowly but surely, to abandon the positives and adopt the negatives of life.
“A popular refrain from the 1940s captured the thought:
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative.
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don’t mess with Mr. In-between.”

From this talk I have learned how important it is in my life to focus on the positives and to look for ways to be grateful rather than get swallowed up by the darkness that reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment